- Division of Planning
- Catherine Pitassi
- One Capitol Hill, 3rd Floor
- Providence, RI 02908
- Phone: (401) 222-7901
RIGIS Executive Committee
The Rhode Island Geographic Information System (RIGIS) Executive Committee provides policy guidance, oversight, and coordination of the collective efforts of organizations in Rhode Island using GIS technology. It seeks to coordinate data development, adopt technical standards, set distribution policy for GIS products, promote the use of GIS, and provide information and assistance to users. The Committee does not have authority over RIGIS participants but reaches decisions by consensus. Quarterly meetings are held.
The RIGIS Coordinator at the Rhode Island Department of Administration, Division of Planning provides staff support and acts as liaison for RIGIS within the state, the northeast region, and nationally. Member and partner organizations also contribute, particularly by working conjunction with individual RIGIS
RIGIS Committee Members
- Michele Giorgianni, Chair, Applied Geographics, Inc.
- Lynn Carlson, Vice Chair, Brown University - Environmental & Remote Technologies Lab -
- Antonio Ambrosio, Quonset Development Corporation
- Carol Baker, Town of South Kingstown - GIS Department
- Heidi Blank, Hilltop Northeast Enterprises, LLC
- Gregory Bonynge, University of Rhode Island - Environmental Data Center
- David DosReis, NEURISA, City of Providence
- Nancy Duffy, RI E911 Uniform Emergency Telephone System
- Vin Flood, RI Department of Administration - Division of Planning
- Christopher Galagan, Applied Science Associates, Inc.
- Maria Giarrusso, City of Cranston - Information Technology
- Thomas Guthlein, RI Emergency Management Agency
- Tim Harrigan, DataSpark
- Mary Hutchinson, Mapping and Planning Services
- Paul Jordan, RI Department of Environmental Management - Planning
- Kristin Meseck , Providence Water Supply Board
- Barry Lariviere, BETA Group, Inc.
- Lyn Malone, Rhode Island College - RI Geographic Education Alliance
- Stephen McCandless, Town of Charlestown - GIS Department
- Edward O'Brien, RI Society of Professional Land Surveyors
- Janice Peixinho, Town of East Greenwich - Tax Assessor
- Kevin Ruddock, The Nature Conservancy
- Steven Sawyer, RI Department of Health - Center for Health Data and Analysis
- Shelby Southworth, Kent County Water Authority
- Peter Steeves, USDOI - US Geological Survey
- James Turenne, USDA - Natural Resource Conservation Service
- Shane White, RI Department of Transportation – Asset Information System
For more information about the RIGIS Executive Committee, including meeting schedule, agendas and minutes, please visit the Rhode Island Secretary of State's website.