- Division of Planning
- Catherine Pitassi
- One Capitol Hill, 3rd Floor
- Providence, RI 02908
- Phone: (401) 222-7901
Transportation Advisory Committee
This committee advises the State Planning Council on transportation planning and encourages public involvement in the process. The TAC reviews and provides input into the transportation planning documents that are the responsibility of the State Planning Council (notably the long-range Ground Transportation Plan and Transportation Improvement Program).
The Council established the TAC and other transportation planning and public involvement procedures by rule in 1994. The process has been found to meet the requirements of federal law and is subject to continuing review by USDOT.
The membership includes local officials, state agencies, organizations representing a variety of transportation interests, citizens from different areas of the state, and the Narragansett Indian Tribe.
Transportation Advisory Committee Members
- Michael Cassidy, Chair, Public Member
- Everett Stuart, Vice Chair, RI Association of Railroad Passengers
- Lloyd Albert, AAA Southern New England
- Daniel Baudouin, Providence Foundation
- Meredith Brady, Rhode Island Department of Transportation
- Richard Crenca, City of Warwick
- Judith Drew, Governor's Commission on Disabilities
- John Flaherty, Grow Smart RI
- Bari Freeman, Bike Newpor
- Ron Gagnon, RI Department of Environmental Management
- David Giardino, Turino Group, Inc.
- Martina Haggerty, City of Providence - Department of Planning & Development
- Jonathan Harris, Sierra Club
- Eliza Lawson, Rhode Island Department of Health
- Chris Maxwell, RI Trucking Association
- Lillian Shuey Picchione, Rhode Island Public Transit Authority
- Daniel J. Porter, Rhode Island Airport Corporation
- Timothy Scanlon, Construction Industries of Rhode Island
- Pamela Sherrill, RI Chapter, American Planning Assoc. (APA)
- Dinalyn Spears, Narragansett Indian Tribe
- Michael Walker, Rhode Island Commerce Corporation
- Michael Wood, Town of Burrillville
For more information about the Transportation Advisory Committee, including meeting schedule, agendas, and minutes, please visit the Rhode Island Secretary of State's website.